Easy-to-use, portable test set with advanced cable locator and simple network tester in one unit.
Besides identifying wiremap, measuring the cable length, diagnosing cable faults and tracing cables, the MT-8020 can also be used to simply perform network testing. It is an essential tool for cabling construction and network maintenance.
- Length measurement: twisted-pair, phone line, coax and wires, etc.
- Wiremap testing: display wiremap, conduct tests of STP/UTP and diagnoses faults for shorts, opens, reversals, miswires and split pairs and perform cable testing per T568A/B standard
- Tone generation: generate up to 4 distinctive tones for tracing cables
- Port identification: identify port and jack type, such as telephone and Ethernet, with speed and duplex information, up to 1000Mbps
- Flashing port LED to locate a hub or switch port
- Ping test and packet loss detection
- Supports static and DHCP dynamic IP configuration
- Net scan to verify active host quantity in the subnet and display IP and MAC Address
- Comprehensive functions: supports cable testing and network testing
- Tone tracing: locate the cable on DDF without sorting out cables
- Net Scan: fast scan all of the active hosts in the LAN
- Test several cables simultaneously by selecting multi-remote ID
- Auto-off for power saving
- Backlight LCD display, easy to operate even in the darkness